Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Jerry #Sandusky : Statement Analysis

A strong denial will be first person singular, past tense, and specific to the allegation.  Even first person singular, past tense denial that minimizes the allegations is not reliable.


Any denial must be buttressed by the rest of the statements. 


Jerry Sandusky:  "I shouldn't have showered with kids"

Answer:  "I am innocent of those charges" does not deny the act of molestation.

Question:  Are you sexually attracted to young boys, to underaged boys?

Answer:  "Am I sexually attracted to underaged boys?  Sexually attracted?  No. You know, I enjoy young people.  I love to be around them, but no, I'm not sexually attracted to young boys. "

Please note that the question is answered with a question, indicating sensitivity.  People will often answer a question with a question in order to pause to think of a response.  Due to the direct question, the pause is sensitive.  


Please note that he answers the question with a question, and then asks another question, showing a higher level of sensitivity (2)....read more
http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2011/11/jerry-sandusky-statement-analysis.html